Database systems are a key technology for the storage, management, manipulation, and retrieval of
structured data. They have an impact on the use of information technology in applications ranging from
banking, to travel bookings, to online shopping. In this assessment you will apply the skills and concepts that
you have learned about database systems in the course.
2. Assessment Criteria
This assessment will determine your ability to:
1. Independently solve problems by using database concepts taught in the course.
2. Understand the relational model.
3. Independently design a database using the ER model.
4. Write SQL queries for data analysis tasks.
5. Meet deadlines.
Seek clarification from your instructor, when needed, via specific discussion forums.
This assignment is worth 40 points, which accounts for 40% of the overall assessment for the course. The
assessment components and weights for the course are:
Assessment 1 Assessment 2 Assessment 3 Assessment 4
10% 30% 20% 40%
3. Learning Outcomes
• This assessment is relevant to all learning outcomes in the course guide.
4. Submission format
Submit your assignment via Canvas→Assignments→Assessment 4. You are required to submit a plain text
file (.sql) for Milestone 1 (due by 9:00am 12 April) and a pdf file (.pdf) for the final report (due by 23:59 4 June).
Both files must be named after your student number — for example, S1234_milestone1.sql and
S1234_report.pdf. The .sql file must run in SQLite.
● It is your responsibility to correctly submit your files. Please verify that your submission is correctly
submitted by downloading what you have submitted to see if your file includes the correct content.
● Never leave submission to the last minute — you may have difficulty uploading files.
● You can submit multiple times. However, if your last submission is after the due time, late penalties apply.
本网站支持淘宝 支付宝 微信支付 paypal等等交易。如果不放心可以用淘宝交易！
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 微信:itcsdx