ROBOT LINKAGE ANALYSIS AND KINEMATICS
The pace of population ageing is much faster than that in the past with an increasing number
of individuals suffer from mobility challenges. The major barrier for such individuals to
accomplish their daily physical activities is the ability to stand from a sitting position.
This group coursework is to generate an analysis report on the design of a robot that could
provide effective assistance to overcome the mobility challenge for the elderly and persons
with disabilities. A group report can be submitted by a group representative but with a front
cover page stating each person’s task and responsibility in the group work. Each member of
the group needs to submit one page per person to describe own contributions, results,
achievements, and experience learned.
You are given a design prototype of a sit-to-stand robot. The mechanism and the active joint
are shown in Figure 1. The red circle indicates the end-effector of the robot which would be
attached to the user’s leg (link 8) with a revolute joint. In the sitting configuration, link 8 is
parallel to the x-axis while in the standing configuration, link 8 is parallel to the y-axis. Figure
2 and Table 1 show the position of each joint at the initial configuration.
The tasks include:
• Illustrate schematic representation of the robot
• State the mobility of the robot
• Determine whether the leg linkages affect the mobility of the robot and explain your result.
• Identify and state the Grashof condition of the mechanism used in the robot
• Analyze the mechanism by the vector-loop method
• Plot the workspace of the end-effector and determine the range of the input joint angle.
3 Report Requirement
• The report should be well written and well presented
o Very few typos/spelling/grammatical errors
o Use proper figure labels and captions
o Cite literature used as a basis of report
o Present your findings in a logical and intelligent way
• The report should touch on the various aspects listed above.
• The report should contain 8 — 12 pages of the main body of the report containing no
more than 10 figures. This page limit does not include title sheet, table of contents,
references or appendices. Additionalfigures may be presented in Appendices. Please
use Times New Roman, 12 pt. when preparing report, and use 1.5 line spacing.
• A group report can be submitted but with a front cover page stating each person’s
task and responsibility in this group work.
• One page per person needs to be submitted to describe
本网站支持淘宝 支付宝 微信支付 paypal等等交易。如果不放心可以用淘宝交易！
E-mail: email@example.com 微信:itcsdx