COSC2626/2640 Cloud Computing
This assignment consists of 4 tasks:
• Task 1: Develop a Python based application using Google App Engine
• Task 2: Develop a PHP based application using Google App Engine
• Task 3: Develop a Google BigQuery based application
• Task 4: Writing a proposal for your Assignment 2 project
2. Assessment Criteria
This assessment will determine your ability to:
• Develop Python based applications using Google App Engine
• Develop PHP based applications using Google App Engine
• Develop Google BigQuery based applications
• Develop a proposal for a cloud based application development project
3. Learning Outcomes
This assessment is relevant to the following Learning Outcomes:
• Develop and deploy cloud application using popular cloud platforms
• Design and develop highly scalable cloud-based applications by creating and configuring virtual machines on the cloud and
building private cloud.
4. Assessment details
Task-1 [3 marks]
Make necessary modifications in the code of Lab 2 so that your Guestbook application the Greeting data structure also contain a Subject attribute (type String). Your webpage also should contain a new textbox for providing subject which should be stored in DataStore along with author and content.
Assessment Type: Individual assignment; no group work. Submit online via Canvas→Assignments→Assignment 1. Marks awarded for meeting requirements as closely as possible. Clarifications/updates may be made via announcements/relevant discussion forums.
Due date: 11:59pm, 30/Aug/2019 Please check Canvas→Assignments→Assignment 1 for the most up to date information.
As this is a major assignment in which you demonstrate your understanding, a university standard late penalty of 10% per each working day applies for up to 5 working days late, unless special consideration has been granted.
Weighting: 15 marks
1. Adding subject to html view 1 mark
Page 1 of 4
Adding and storing subject in DataStore A fully functional working code
1 mark 1 mark
Create a Google app using your knowledge in Google app engine for PHP in Lab 3 which will have following components and functions:
4. login.php 3 marks
• A login page that contains a user name field, a password field, a “Log in” button, and a “Register” hyperlink. 0.5 mark
• When user clicks the “Log in” button, it will validate if the user credential matches with the information stored in the users.txt file. 1 mark
• If the user credential is invalid, the login page will display “User name or password is invalid”. 0.5 mark
• If the user credential is valid, it will be redirected to a main page. 0.5 mark
• If user clicks the “Register” hyperlink on the login page, it will be redirected to the register page. 0.5 mark
5. main.php 1 mark
• The main page contains the login user name and a “Log out” hyperlink in the left top corner. 0.5 mark
• If user clicks the “Log out” hyperlink, it will be redirected to the login page. 0.5 mark
6. register.php 2.5 marks
• The register page contains a username field, a password field and a “Register” button. 0.5 mark
• If user clicks the “Register” button, it will validate whether the user name and password fields are empty. 0.5
• If the user name field or the password field is empty, it will display “User name or password cannot be empty”. 0.5 mark
• If the user name and password fields are not empty, it will add the user name and the password into users.txt and then be redirected the logon page. 1 mark
7. users.txt 0.5 mark
• The user name and password information is stored in the users.txt file. 0.5 mark
Page 2 of 4
Task-3 [3 marks]
This task is based on Google Big Query that we covered in Lab 3.
Using the baby_names dataset you created in Lab 3 write some queries (using BigQuery browser tool) to identify the
following information (Each correct query 1 mark)
8. Find a list of all female babies born after 2008 with frequency count between 7000 and 17000. 1 mark 9. Find total number of male babies born before 2011 with name starts with ‘T’. 1 mark
10. Find top 20 baby names based on frequency after year 2006. 1 mark
Assignment 2 will ask you to work on cloud computing related individual projects. In view to get you started with thinking of what could possibly be done, please, reply to the following questions.
Please, reply to these questions with a short (2 or 3 lines) answer:
11. Give a couple of examples of principles/applications which are possible/especiallyefficient because using cloud- based services? 1 mark
12. What kind of application you would like to work on for the Assignment-2? Provide a short description. 1 mark
5. Referencing guidelines
What: This is an individual assignment and all submitted contents must be your own. If you have used sources of information other than the contents directly under Canvas→Modules, you must give acknowledge the sources and give references using IEEE referencing style.
Where: Add a code comment near the work to be referenced and include the reference in the IEEE style.
How: To generate a valid IEEE style reference, please use the citethisforme tool if unfamiliar with this style. Add the detailed reference before any relevant code (within code comments).
6. Submission format
Create a .txt file and name it [your_student_number].txt (e.g. s3369312.txt). This .txt file will contain items in following order
1. Your Name and student number 2. Code of task-1
3. Code of task-2
4. Queries of task-3
6. Answers of “Think and answer”
Page 3 of 4
Make a .zip of your text file and submit it into Canvas→Assignments→Assignment 1 before the deadline. You will be marked during your demo time. This submission is only for keeping the records. However, you will not able to view your mark in Canvas until you submit your file.
7. Academic integrity and plagiarism (standard warning)
Academic integrity is about honest presentation of your academic work. It means acknowledging the work of others while developing your own insights, knowledge and ideas. You should take extreme care that you have:
• Acknowledged words, data, diagrams, models, frameworks and/or ideas of others you have quoted (i.e. directly copied), summarised, paraphrased, discussed or mentioned in your assessment through the appropriate referencing methods,
• Provided a reference list of the publication details so your reader can locate the source if necessary. This includes material taken from Internet sites.
If you do not acknowledge the sources of your material, you may be accused of plagiarism because you have passed off the work and ideas of another person without appropriate referencing, as if they were your own.
RMIT University treats plagiarism as a very serious offence constituting misconduct. Plagiarism covers a variety of inappropriate behaviours, including:
• Failure to properly document a source
• Copyright material from the internet or databases
• Collusion between students
For further information on our policies and procedures, please refer to the University website.
8. Assessment declaration
When you submit work electronically, you agree to the assessment declaration.
Page 4 of 4
本网站支持淘宝 支付宝 微信支付 paypal等等交易。如果不放心可以用淘宝交易！
E-mail: [email protected] 微信:dmxyzl003