Use Case: Big Data Management in Google
Google has not only significantly influenced the way we can now analyse big data. But they are probably more responsible than anyone else for making it part of our everyday lives.
Many of the innovations done by Google until now, most companies will do in years to come.
Many people, particularly those who didn’t get online until this century had started, will have had their first direct experience of manipulating big data through Google. Although these days Google’s big data innovation goes well beyond basic search, it’s still their core business. They process 3.5 billion requests per day, and each request queries a database of 20 billion web pages (Marr, 2015). Google has done and still is doing many big data projects and each of them collects data from various sources in very large scale and uses one or multiple big data management solutions to store, process, and retrieve data and extract useful information for different purposes.
You are required to select one of the Google’s big data projects and study relevant scholastic articles to the selected project that are published in recent years (at least 3 articles and not older than 5 years). You need to investigate the project, sources of data, types of data,technologies and any relevant big data tools that Google uses/used to manage and process big data. Moreover, you must investigate existing data security, data privacy, and ethical issues and challenges that are involved with the selected project. Based on the findings of your investigation on the selected Google big data project, you need to write a report to address the following requirements.
- Propose a database solution using structured, semi-structured, or unstructured models or a combination of them to store and manage the data that is involved in the selected Google project. Your report must cover the following items:
1.1. The proposed solution must be able to store and manage all possible sources and types of big data that are used in the selected Google project. Discuss relevant examples of big data records and cite appropriate evidence from recently published articles.
1.2. The architecture of the proposed solution must be drawn and discussed properly.
1.3. A comparison between your proposed database solution and the database system(s) that is/are used by Google to manage the same type of big data, must be included and advantages/disadvantages of them must be discussed.
- Investigate and discuss the rules and policies that your proposed solution must establish to address data ethics, data privacy, and data security requirements. You are required to propose at least THREE (3) rules/policies for each of them (data ethics, data privacy, and data security). Each rule/policy must be supported by scholastic articles and proper citation needs to be added.
Note: Total: 60 Marks (It will be capped at 30 marks)
The output should be in terms of:
- Assignment Report (Softcopy in PDF)
- Cover page
- References. (APA Referencing Style: www.apa.org or
- Report of similarity (maximum accepted similarity is 20%)
Marr, B. (2015). Big Data: Using SMART big data, analytics and metrics to make better decisions and improve performance. John Wiley \& Sons.
本网站支持淘宝 支付宝 微信支付 paypal等等交易。如果不放心可以用淘宝交易！
E-mail: email@example.com 微信:itcsdx