You will individually create a fully complete web game using the web app design skills shown in class (from the theory+ lab content). You will submit your completed application’s project folder as a zip file. You also need to re-upload your completed zip file at the end of every week that you work, so that we can see your progress over the entire trimester.
For the final submission, you will also record a video of your completed educational game. This will be an approximately 5-minute video, created in any way you choose. Your video will detail what your game does, what features you wish to be graded on, how you created it, and the challenges faced and overcome.
This is an individual project.
The platform must be strictly HTML, CSS, and JavaScri pt. No other libraries or languages can be used.
Your Project Folder/Directory must contain the following structure:
- images/ (all your images are in here}
- sounds/ (all your sound files go in here}
- html (the file I open in Google Chrome to run your app}
- txt / .csv (one line per image/ sound file you use}
- txt / .md (a list of days you worked and what you achieved}
- txt / .md (details of yourself, and an overview of your project}
- M arking 』ust ifi cat docx (A cover page detailing the grade you are aiming for, and evidence for each individual rubric}
- mp4 (An approximately 5-minute long demonstration video of your project, and the features you wish to be graded for}
If you create your own graphics, put them in a folder: “raw sources”
Your game must meet the following standards to pass. Failure of any one results in a fail grade. The Minimum Passing Requirements:
- The game must be educational/ learning. Kids learning games are usually
- The game must only use: HTML, CSS, and JavaScri pt. No other libraries or languages can be used, as otherwise we cannot assess what you have learned from the content in this unit. The purpose of this project is to demonstrate that you have learned the concepts covered in this unit, so it’s important that you demonstrate what has been taught.
- The game must use only a single index.html file.
o The index.html file will have a blank <BODY>, and simply load CSS and JS files through the <HEAD>, which then load and run the game.
To achieve a particular grade, you must meet fill criteria for that grade, as per the table below. Each higher grade requires fill features of the previous grade as well.
In other words, your grade will be the lowest grade of any one criteria.
Additional marking explanations:
- Weekly updates: In every week that you upload a zip of a working copy of your app, this counts as “1 week upload”. It doesn’t matter how many times you submit in a single week, that still counts as “1 week of uploads”. Updates are allowable anytime in that week before Sunday midnight (except for the final week, which is 5pm Friday).
- Weekly Progress (Changelog.txt / .md): A file within your project directory of the progress you make each day you
- Code quality: Code quality means both indentation (TAB key) and A method signature means each of the parameters, as well as the return type.
- Legal: You must include a licenses.txt / .xis file in your project’s root directory. Every externally-sourced item must be legal for you to use for commercial purposes, and you must have one row per item, recording:
- Item name: image/sound filename you have renamed it to, or method/function/class where the code is
- License type: (Public Domain/ CC-BY/ CCO / GPL /MIT/ Apache/ BSD)
- Author/ Attribution: (name of author)
- Source Website: (original website of the content, as per the author’s wishes)
- Playable Levels: A level’s duration must be a minimum of 10
- Playability: Playability is the length of time an average player would be able to play your game and get enjoyment out of it. Some games can be “finished” (e.g. all levels complete) in only a few hours, whereas others may take weeks or months. Note, this should not involve lots of “grinding” nor repeat questions, where the user is doing repetitive (and usually boring) tasks, but where the player is continually engaged with new
- Quality: To achieve a credit or above, your educational game must be at a level where we could envision you charging a monthly subscription for use of your game, and we would expect people would pay it.
this app for my future kids to learn from”? And “what would my app need to be at a level where I’d pay for it?”
- UI Layout: Each layout and orientation will be tested using Google Chrome when we mark your
- Code Structure: A new UI component is any function that creates and returns a HTML element (such as a DIV) that contains other elements within it (e.g. createSearchBar() would create a DIV containing a textbox for the search text, AND a button to enable the search) .
本网站支持淘宝 支付宝 微信支付 paypal等等交易。如果不放心可以用淘宝交易！
E-mail: [email protected] 微信:dmxyzl003 工作时间:全年无休-早上8点到凌晨3点
本网站支持淘宝 支付宝 微信支付 paypal等等交易。如果不放心可以用淘宝交易！
E-mail: [email protected] 微信:itcsdx