In this assessment you are asked to write a technical report of an algorithm chosen by yourself, implement it using a programming language, and create a video to demonstrate your code and its results.
• Your report is suggested to include the following contents about the chosen algorithm:
– The main principals of the algorithm;
– The pseudo code to describe the algorithm;
– The complexity (time and space) analysis of the algorithm;
– The limitations or constraints of the algorithm and the advances that could overcome them;
– The applications of this algorithm in diverse areas for problem solving (e.g. how the algorithm changed or is changing the world).
The report should be no more than 1500 words. The title page, references and appendices are not counted. Please respect the following formatting constraints: Times New Roman or Arial (If you use Latex, the default font, Computer Modern, is also ﬁne. ), at least font size 11, margins (2.0cm sides, 2.0cm top and bottom), and single line spacing.
A separate title page containing the title, student number, abstract, word count and a signed declaration stating: I certify that all material in this report which is not my own work has been identiﬁed. should be provided.
• Implement the algorithm using a programming language of your choice (Python and Matlab are recommended), and submit the source code along with the report. Your script should perform correctly and have suﬃcient comments.
• Create a short video (no more than 5 minutes) to introduce the algorithm including its back-ground, principles, importance and your implementation, and demonstrate how the code works. You can submit the video ﬁle to the module ELE page, or a publicly accessible website (e.g. Youtube or Vimeo) and clearly attach the link to this video in the report.
You can choose an algorithm from the list below. Alternatively you can suggest an algorithm that is not covered by this module (in this case, you should discuss your choice with the module leader within one week of handout).
• Multicast routing algorithm for sensor networks.
• Frequent pattern growth (FP-Growth) algorithm.
• The Edmonds-Karp algorithm for ﬁnding the maximum ﬂow.
• Orthogonal range searching and k-d trees algorithms.
• Boruvka’s algorithm.
• Reed-Solomon algorithm.
• Quickhull algorithm.
• Iterative solvers, e.g. Jacobi, Gauss Seidel.
• One derivative-free optimization algorithm.
Your technical report must be well structured and written in good English. Pay attention to the following:
• Spelling, punctuation and grammar.
• Writing in short, snappy sentences.
• Making sure to deﬁne acronyms.
Page 1 of 3 Please Turn Over
• Referencing properly.
If you refer to other published documents in your report, you must cite the source using a standard citation style (e.g. IEEE, Harvard, etc. ).
• All references must be presented in a consistent and uniform style.
• All references must be presented in a font no smaller than 11 point.
本网站支持淘宝 支付宝 微信支付 paypal等等交易。如果不放心可以用淘宝交易！
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 微信:itcsdx