COMP5241 Individual Assignment
COMP5241 Software Engineering and Development Individual Assignment (25% of total)
Due Date: 09:00 am, Monday, 10 May 2021
Backgrounds and Objectives
A lot of activities related to evaluation, prioritization and selection require decision making during software development life cycle. Under a scenario defined by you, you need to illustrate and explain how the decision is made for a particular case.
This is an individual assignment. In your report, you should
- Define ONE particular scenario related to an important decision making in a phase of SDLC. You need to define the nature of a software design and development project with the particular decision problem and objectives. Examples may include, but not be limited to
- Requirements prioritization
- Software designs selection
- Models selection
- Build or buy decision
- Prototypes selection
- Components selection
- Testing methods selection
- Tools selection
- Platforms selection including clouds
- Explore various alternatives for the potential solutions to your decision problem.
- Define the criteria for comparisons in order to select the most appropriate solution(s) to best address the problem.
- Discuss the impact of your solution choice(s).
- Make necessary assumptions for your story.General Marking Criteria
- Main content
- Format, briefness, clearness and conciseness of your report.General Format
Your report should
COMP5241 Individual Assignment K.K.F. Yuen, Spring 2021
- include everything needed such as text, figures, tables, and references in your report for marking purpose.
- be in IEEE A4 format. The template can be downed from https://www.ieee.org/content/dam/ieee-org/ieee/web/org/conferences/conference- template-a4.docx
- be no more than 4 pages. If your report has more than 4 pages, only the first 4 pages will be marked, and the rest pages will not be read and marked. You may put extra supporting information in the Appendix section (up to 1 page for appendix), if it is needed. The Appendix section is only for reference, and will not be marked.
- include all references related to your report. Otherwise, it may be treated as the plagiarism. Submission Requirements
- Submit your soft copy of the word document to the Assignment page in the Blackboard.
- Your file name should be named as studentID_A.docx, for example, 19123456d_A.docx.Late Submission Penalty
For any late submissions, your marks will be deducted as below.
- Within 1 day (25% Less)
- Within 2 days (50% Less)
- More than 2 days (100% Less)Consequences of plagiarism
If the submissions have at least 50% similarity, they may be treated as the plagiarism cases. The Departmental Learning and Teaching Committee may investigate these cases. All the students involved in these cases may receive 0% for this assignment. In addition, please refer to the student handbook for the policies of plagiarism.
本网站支持淘宝 支付宝 微信支付 paypal等等交易。如果不放心可以用淘宝交易！
E-mail: email@example.com 微信:itcsdx