CMPT 365 Project 2 Submission Guidelines
In this project, we have provided 3 sample input images:
parrots.tif, board.tif, lena.tif
Like Project 1, Project 2 also requires you to submit a pdf report, your code, and a demo video.
Besides, you need to upload all your generated images and intermediate compression results.
What to include in the report:
In general (0.5 mark):
The project environment. You need to specify any external libraries you use and state the
reasons about why you use these external libraries.
Lossless compression (8 mark):
1. Display the original image and the decompressed image from lossless compression.
Please clearly label all images, either as an original image, or a decompressed image.
2. You should perform lossless compression on all 3 provided sample images, and 1
additional images of your choice. The decompressed image should also be saved as TIFF
format. Therefore, you need to display at least (3+1)*2 = 8 images in total. (-0.5 mark
for each missing set of images).
3. Save compression result to a text file (-1 mark if no intermediate result is submitted).
4. [0.5 mark] Report the compression ratio, please show calculation steps.
5. [2 mark] Explain the key technique used to compress your images, please provide at
least one advantage for your chosen technique, and discuss at least one of its
6. [2 mark] Explain the key technique used to decompress your images.
7. [1 mark] Draw a simple diagram for the processing flow (like that for JPEG in the slides).
本网站支持淘宝 支付宝 微信支付 paypal等等交易。如果不放心可以用淘宝交易！
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 微信:itcsdx