Java programming language is recommended for this assignment, but you can use python
as well. Submit a compressed archive (zip, tar, etc.) of your code, along with the input jar
file and output file. Also, include a pdf document with answers and CLI screenshots
(input/output commands with results) to the questions below. Note: Please provide
Contact your TA for any questions related to this assignment or post clarification questions
to the Piazza platform.
K-means algorithm is the most well-known and commonly used clustering method.
• It takes the input parameter, k, and partitions a set of n objects into k clusters so
that the resulting intra-cluster similarity is high whereas the inter-cluster similarity
• Cluster similarity is measured according to the mean value of the objects in the
cluster, which can be regarded as the cluster’s ‘center of gravity’.
• The algorithm proceeds as follows:
• Firstly, randomly selects k objects from the whole objects which represent
initial cluster centers.
• Each remaining object is assigned to the cluster to which it is the most similar,
based on the distance between the object and the cluster center.
• The new mean for each cluster is then calculated. This process iterates until the
criterion function converges.
2. Data Input
We are going to cluster data points dataset and this dataset is provided to you, download it
1) [Marks: 30] Apply K-means clustering on Map Reduce using k = 4 clusters on the
given dataset, list the cluster labels or centroids, the number of iterations for
convergence or use maximum iterations = 15 and time/duration.
2) [Marks: 15] Explain advantages and disadvantages of using K-Means Clustering with
Please read the paper which is provided with the assignment in the Quercus and answer
the following questions.
3) [Marks: 15] Can we reduce the number of distance comparison by applying the Canopy
Selection? Which distance metric should we use for the canopy clustering and why?
4) [Marks: 20] Is it possible to apply Canopy Selection on MapReduce? If yes, then
explain in words, how would you implement it?
5) [Marks: 20] Is it possible to combine the Canopy Selection with K-Means on
MapReduce? If yes, then explain in words, how would you do that?
6) [Marks: 20] BONUS question: Implement a Map Reduce program for counting the
number of lines in a document. Use ‘shakespeare.txt’ file, download it from Quercus.
Please submit input/output files with code.
本网站支持淘宝 支付宝 微信支付 paypal等等交易。如果不放心可以用淘宝交易！
E-mail: email@example.com 微信:itcsdx